Bug in Carmageddon 2

Report bugs, errors, problems, etc.
PokerCrow

Re: Bug in Carmageddon 2

Postby PokerCrow » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:27 pm

Zeus wrote:OK. Next test :). Download archive once more and run ST.exe. Test should show two 'OK' messages.

Yes, I get OK on both messages

Zeus
Site Admin

Postby Zeus » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:44 pm

I sent second version of modified wrapper to your email. This version creates 5 bitmaps on drive c:\.
Run test11.exe for 5 seconds, close test and send zipped 5 bitmaps from c:\ to my email.

Zeus
Site Admin

Postby Zeus » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:31 pm

I've received your BMPs, but still I don't know why this thing doesn't work on your system.

Maybe we should do more tests? Also I'll try to find someone with laptop similar to yours.

PokerCrow

Postby PokerCrow » Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:23 pm

Ok, thanks for trying. I've tried other wrappers (zeckensack's and OpenGLide) and they do not give me the map issue on my laptop, however I can't get them to work fullscreen, so I'm preferring nGlide so far. I really hope you find why it doesn't like my videocard. I'll be trying different games in the future and I'll keep you posted about them.

harmalarm

Postby harmalarm » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:15 am

I am having the same problem. I'm running carma on my laptop's nvidia Geforce 9200M, using windows Vista 32bit. The map is visible though, but I still have huge lagg when in map-view. Hope you can sort the issue, so I can run my custom mods with this wrapper on any system ;)

now that I am on the subject of carma 2; Me and the guys from the carma 2 modding community were surprized to see this wrapper just the other day. It has stayed under the radar for a couple of months appearantly, but is sure made my day when we found it.
Carma runs great on XP and partially vista with zeckenecks, but it doesn't work that well on win 7. This has been a problem for a lot of people, so nGlide is a definate must for win7 users.

On the main page I read that the wrapper will be as close to the original glide support as possible, with no configuration and high resolution support. May I ask whay you are aiming for this? I say this because, compared to zeckenecks wrapper, I am really missing the high res support. (seems I have a habbit of posting things in the wrong topics, this is better in the suggestions thread, but I thought it would save posting twice.)

Oh and another note; the support page says the game needs to be set to a resolution of 640-480 in the compatibility tab, but actually, when using the super-patch v2 the mouse issue in the menu is fixed. http://rr2000.toshiba-3.com/R4/PC/SuperPatchV2.zip

Zeus
Site Admin

Postby Zeus » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:41 pm

The map is visible though, but I still have huge lagg when in map-view

Your problem is a bit a different story. Map works well for you but you have a slowdown.
I'll see what can be done with this problem.

high resolution support. May I ask whay you are aiming for this?

You've already answered the question - compatibility with the largest number of games as possible, but I will consider this suggestion in the future once more.

when using the super-patch v2 the mouse issue in the menu is fixed

Thanks for the tip.

Toshiba-3

Postby Toshiba-3 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:05 am

Hi, I'm another guy from the C2 community.

Here's another bug I spotted. When lowering the YON factor (drawing distance) to the original game standards (20-35), some tracks with colored fog present artifacts linked to the depth cue fog. They move from a vertice to another, fading color onto the triangles around.
Woody Woodpecker is a good level to try to reproduce the problem.
Here are some examples:
Image Image Image

My GFX card is a nVidia GeForce 6800GT 256MB.

I also encounter the minimap slowdown. Framerate drops by four (say, from 60fps to 15fps).

I'm willing to help debugging if needed.
Cheers!
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction

Zeus
Site Admin

Postby Zeus » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:51 pm

Thanks. Added to check list. :)

morchaiel

Postby morchaiel » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:00 pm

Hello all,

I have been trying to get carmageddon 2 running on my laptop ( windows 7 64 bit, ATI Radeon HD4670 ) without any succes. Either I can play without sound using D3D, or with sound but with graphical bugs using Glide emulators. One glide emulator forces the game screen to keep it's original size in a teeny-tiny box in center-screen ( not necessarily a glide issue, perhaps an ATI-related thing ), I'd need a magnifying glass to play properly..

nGlide Showed promise by starting up both with sound and in fullscreen stretch. However, when the menus load, I only see them for a split second, after wich the entire screen goes black. Only the cursor stays visible as long as I move it. I painstakingly started a race to see if it was just a menu bug, but in race mode, I only see the minimap and HUD:

Does anyone else have this issue, or have a fix for this? I'd love to be able to play Carma 2 again..

Thanks in advance,

*edit*

I was thinking, could it at all be that the game's rendering back buffers in inverse order? I don't know about Glide, but in D3D there's basically a back buffer on top of which the 3d scene is presented as a 2d image, after which various overlays are rendered, like HUDs and possibly cursors. When I start up the game, I get a flash of the menu screen, and then it alll goes black. SO Perhaps the back buffer is presented after the actual game buffer.

Just a theory, I wouldn't know what ot do about it if it was true ;)

Zeus
Site Admin

Postby Zeus » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:00 pm

Try different versions of the drivers and of course try both Catalyst and Omega releases.

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx
http://www.omegadrivers.net/index.php?o ... &Itemid=54

Return to “Problems”